When days are long and evenings are short quick and easy recipes are required. If you’re watching your weight you also need quick and easy low carb. Here’s one I prepared earlier…
Ingredients for 3:
- 1 large courgette, chopped into chunks.
- 3 small sweet potatoes (lower carb roots because much of their sugars are indigestible to humans – although our healthy gut flora love them)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or mild chilli powder
- 1 red pepper, chopped in chunks
- 2 red onions chopped into wedges
- Handful of black olives
- 6 small (Unearthed) Chorizo sausages
- 3 eggs.
- Bag of rocket.
Heat the oven to 200ºC. First chop the courgette and potatoes, toss them with the spices in 2 tablespoons of light olive or rapeseed oil and place in the oven to roast. Meanwhile chop the rest of the veg and cut each chorizo sausage in half across the middle. After 10 minutes remove the oven dish, add the remaining veg, olives and sausages, turning them in the oil so they are all covered. Place in the oven for a further 40 minutes, turning half way through if you can be bothered 😉 until they are starting to caramelise and meltingly tender when you poke a knife into them. Towards the end of this cooking time, heat some olive oil or butter on a large non-stick pan and gently fry your eggs, turning them if you wish. To serve, put a spoonful of the veg and sausage on the bottom of your bowl, place a handful of rocket on top of this and, finally, top with your gently fried egg and a sprig of parsley.
Delicious with a glass of Rioja. Salud!