This, for me, is the most delicious and moreish salad I have ever tasted. Slightly fiddly the first time you make it, it soon becomes second nature and easy to whip up in a flash. You won’t regret trying this recipe, I guarantee!
Ingredients & Method
- 1 red chilli, seeded and minced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1½ tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1½ tbsp sesame oil or other oil
- 1½ tsp rice vinegar
Combine all the above ingredients and let them sit for half an hour. Meanwhile prepare and combine all the ingredients below.
- 200 g white cabbage, finely shredded
- 200 g cooked chicken, torn into fine strips
- 100 g carrot, finely grated
- ½ medium onion, finely sliced
- large bunch of mint, roughly chopped
Thoroughly toss everything together and serve. You won’t be able to leave any in the bowl. The dressing can be used for lots of other dishes to add a Vietnamese flavour to salads and vegetables and grilled meats.