I invited friends for a casual supper last week and found myself at the last minute wishing I’d thought ahead to make some nibbles to get the evening started. After a rummage in the fridge I found some perfectly ripe strawberries, an unopened packet of Parma ham and some Riverford organic cottage cheese. A drizzle of balsamic pulled the flavours together and a new nibble was born:
Ingredients per nibble:
- 1 slice of prosciutto di Parma
- a smidge of cream cheese or cottage cheese
- half a strawberry, perfectly ripe
- a couple of drops of balsamic vinegar
- twist of black pepper
- Lay the prosciutto on a clean surface.
- Dab a little cream cheese at one end of the slice.
- Lay the strawberry on top.
- Drizzle with a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar.
- Add a little black pepper.
Basil leaves, or a dab of pesto would work just as well as balsamic in my opinion, but I didn’t have any in stock!