There are some classic flavour combinations that risk being forever lost to low carb dieters and many of my recipes focus on keeping them alive. Here’s one that works well for breakfast and also as a dessert.
- 50g Greek yoghurt
- Handful fresh, pitted cherries or home made unsweetened cherry compote
- Tablespoon flaked almonds
- Teaspoon of linseeds
- Teaspoon of Cocoa nibs (optional)
- Sprinkle of Cocoa powder
1. Put 50g of Greek Yoghurt into your best breakfast bowl.
2. Add a handful of pitted fresh cherries – or home-made, unsweetened cherry compote.
3. A tablespoon of flaked almonds, toasted if you’ve got time.
4. And a teaspoon of linseeds and cocoa nibs
4. Sprinkle the top with cocoa powder (the raw, unsweetened type – not hot chocolate powder) just like a cappuccino.
The result is a low carb breakfast bursting with fibre and flavonoids from the seeds, nuts, cherries and cocoa. And a great big grin on your face.