I must confess, I find ‘during the day’ food a bit of a pain. I really love my evening cooking ritual but I’m too often tempted to cut myself a quick chunk of cheese at midday and carry on working. To cure myself of my bad habits I’ve been trying different brunch bowls. This one works well – and it was especially easy because I made my favourite rainbow room salad last night and simply processed a few extra carrots for later.
I hardly need provide a recipe, but here it is anyway:
- handful of shredded carrot
- squeeze of lemon juice
- tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- handful of nuts – pecans, walnuts, flaked almonds or salted peanuts
- a few dried cranberries or sultanas – or some orange segments
- a generous dollop of whole milk organic yoghurt.
Assemble and eat. It’s really delicious: fresh and filling without any faff.