There are endless variations of this recipe out there: here’s mine. But Now for a confession……it started out as an ordinary chocolate mousse but it didn’t set – so I tipped the mixture out of the little pots and back into my trusty NutriBullet, added and avocado, and the result was delicious enough to share.
This recipe adds a shot of coffee for added chocolate but, but you can always leave it out if you want something softer.
- 100g 85% dark chocolate
- 1 shot espresso
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 tsp xylitol
- 1 avocado
- Break up the chocolate into a small milk pan and add the shot of espresso.
- Pour the cream on top and warm the mixture gently until the chocolate is all dissolved, stirring gently throughout.
- Add the xylitol now, while still warm, if you want it a little sweeter.
- Allow this mixture to cool in the fridge until practically cold.
- Tip the chocolate cream into the NutriBullet with the avocado and process in a short sharp burst until the mixture goes slightly paler and firmer.
- Spoon into shot glasses or similar, top with a raspberry and drizzle a little organic double cream around the edge.
Instead of the coffee you can add a shot of your favourite liqueur – or a little fresh chilli and cinnamon goes well with the Mexican chocolate/avodaco theme.