Quick and easy, cheap and tasty. The perfect mid week supper.
- 4 ripe tomatoes
- 2 courgettes
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red onion
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 pot of fresh pesto
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- Chop the vegetables into chunks, toss with 3 tbsp of olive oil and put into a 180ºC oven to roast for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, add the chicken thighs and pan-fry gently, turning frequently, for 20 minutes or until almost cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, place them on top of the vegetables in the oven to finish cooking.
- Reduce the heat under the frying pan to as low as possible before adding the pesto and pine nuts and warm gently for two to three minutes.
- Pour the warmed pesto over the chicken and vegetables.
- Serve with a watercress, red onion and Parmesan salad.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Source: Dawn Waldron