A delicious, quick and easy lunch for eating in or out.
- 400g butterbeans or cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 400g tuna in olive oil, drained
- 2 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- ½ tsp mild paprika
- 12 black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tsp capers in vinegar, drained
- 2 sticks celery, sliced
- half a red onion, sliced and chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 bag of rocket
Tip the beans into a large bowl along with the tuna. Add the vinegar, taste, and season well with salt and black pepper.
Add the remaining ingredients, and stir through thoroughly. Taste, and season again if needed.
Serve immediately, or put in the refrigerator for a couple of hours until needed. If making ahead, bring back to room temperature before serving.
Serve with a rocket salad and some crusty wholegrain bread for those eating carbs.
Works well with chorizo instead of tuna.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 mins
Source: Dawn Waldron