Half pizza, half salad, half omelette (maths not my strong point) this makes a great supper dish and works cold for lunch next day too.
- 10 eggs
- handful of parsley leaves, chopped (optional)
- 2.0 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion , cut into wedges
- 3 tomatoes , chopped into large chunks
- large handful black olives , (pitted are easier to eat)
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
1. Heat the grill to high. Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt, if you want. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion wedges over a high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown around the edges. Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften.
2. Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs. Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places – about 2 mins. Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden. Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.
Serve with a cucumber salad to complete the Greek flavours.
Experiment with other deli ingredients: anchovies, sun dried tomatoes, artichokes etc.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Servings: 4 – 6