On a cold and rainy day you need something to insulate you from the inside out. This soup should fit the bill. This will make 4 portions: 2 portions to eat now and 2 to freeze. You can multiply as you need to.
Take one cauliflower. Or a mixture of cauliflower and broccoli if that’s what works for you. Break or chop it into chunks and place into a large pan with:
- 1 small leek, chopped
- 1 tsp organic Marigold bouillon
- 1/2 cup organic milk or soya milk
- sprinkling of dried seaweed (for extra iodine and a bit of savoury base note)
- salt and pepper
- a little chilli if you’re in the mood
- you can also add some chopped celeriac to the vegetable mix for a bit more body.
Fill up your pan with freshly boiled water until it almost covers the vegetables and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until the vegetables yield to the tip of a knife.
Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to reduce your soup to the required consistency, then add around 50 to 100g of stilton (depending on your taste buds) for a final whizz. f you haven’t got Stilton, Cheddar or even Feta will do.
Sprinkle with parsley or watercress and serve.