I forget where this recipe came from, though I seem to think it was part of Abel & Cole veg box recipe book. Anyway, it’s delicious.
- 1 glug olive oil
- 2 finely chopped garlic cloves
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 400g chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 mugs of purple sprouting broccoli cut into bite sized pieces (or any broccoli, courgettes, beans etc.)
- 4 mugs chicken stock (or Marigold bouillon)
- 2 free-range eggs
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup of cooked lentils (or use a Merchant Gourmet sachet of pre-cooked lentils)
Heat the olive oil over a medium heat and add the garlic, onion and chicken. Sauté until the chicken has turned white. Add the PSB and continue to sauté for 3 minutes. Now add the chicken stock, cover and simmer for 25 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat, beat the eggs and lemon juice together in a large bowl. Drizzle 2 mugs of the hot soup stock VERY SLOWLY into the bowl whisking consistently so the eggs don’t curdle. It will turn creamy. Gradually drizzle the egg mixture back into the soup pot and keep stirring. Do not boil again. Finally stir in the lentils and add seasoning and parsley.